Bamboo piling is a method of reinforcing weak soil foundations or used in folklore, usually only used under foundations that cannot bear large loads (household foundations, foundations under gates, etc.). The use of bamboo poles in construction is quite common. Along with previous house-building experiences, this is why bamboo poles wholesale in Vietnam are always famous; BAMBOOEX will provide the process and method of constructing bamboo poles and necessary notes when executing each project.
Scope and method of bamboo poles wholesale
Scope of application of bamboo pole driving method Bamboo poles
- Poles are used to reinforce the ground foundation for works with low load transmission or to reinforce piers and embankments of dug holes. Bamboo pile driving improves the soil’s compaction and reduces the void ratio, improving the bearing capacity of the ground.
- Bamboo poles are used in areas that are always wet and flooded. If bamboo poles work in damp soil, the lifespan will be pretty high (50-60 years and longer). The stakes quickly rot if bamboo poles work in erratic dry or wet soil.
- It is only allowed to drive poles in flooded soil, so the bamboo does not rot. It is counterproductive to weaken the ground if it is gone in dry soil without water and the bamboo rots.
- Do not drive bamboo poles in sandy soil because sandy soil does not hold water; usually, only move bamboo poles in clay soil with water.
- How much bamboo pole driving distance is enough? Usually, people drive 16-25 piles/m2 because it is easy to divide (pile distance 20-25 cm). If it is thicker, it cannot be closed.
The construction method for bamboo poles
Bamboo for making piles must be old bamboo over two years old, straight and fresh, and the minimum diameter must be over 6cm (usually from 80-100mm), with no warping more than 1cm/1md pile. Using solid bamboo (or folk or male bamboo) is the best. The thickness of the bamboo tube is not less than 10mm. If the bamboo is hollow, the minimum thickness of the bamboo tube is 10-15mm, so the space in the bamboo gut is as tiny as possible. The distance between the bamboo eyes should not be more than 40cm.
The top end of the pile (always taken towards the root) is sawn perpendicular to the pile axis and 50mm from the bamboo eye, and the lower back is bevelled within 200mm and 200mm from the eye to make the tip of the pile.
The length of each bamboo pole is from 2 to 3 m. The size of the cutting pile is 20-30cm longer than the design length.
How to choose bamboo and the method of bamboo poles wholesale
How to choose a good bamboo pole wholesale in Vietnam
Used for making stakes must be old bamboo over two years old, straight and fresh, with a minimum diameter of over 6cm (usually slowly 80-100mm), and must not warp more than 1cm/1md pile. It is best to use solid bamboo (also known as male bamboo in folklore). The thickness of the bamboo poles wholesale in the Vietnam tube should not be less than 10mm. If the bamboo is hollow, the minimum thickness of the bamboo tube is 10-15mm, so the smaller the space in the bamboo, the better. The distance between the bamboo eyes should not be more than 40cm.
- The top end of the pile (or taken towards the root) is sawn perpendicular to the pile axis and about 50mm from the bamboo eye, and the lower end is bevelled within about 200mm and about 200mm from the eye to make the tip of the pile.
- The length of each bamboo pole is from 1.5 to 2.5 m. The size of the cutting pile is 20 to 30cm longer than the design length.
- The number of bamboo poles wholesale in Vietnam per 1m2 is determined according to the following formula:
- Soft soil with a consistency of IL = 0.55 ÷ 0.60 and natural load-bearing strength R0=0.7 ÷ 0.9 kG/cm2. about 16 piles for 1m2.
- Soft soil with viscosity IL = 0.7 ÷ 0.8 and natural load bearing strength R0=0.5 ÷ 0.7 kG/cm2 drive about 25 piles for 1m2.
- Too soft soil with IL > 0.80 consistency and natural load bearing strength R0 < 0.5 kG/cm2 drive about 36 piles for 1m2
Notes when choosing bamboo poles wholesale in Vietnam
- Choose fresh, old, solid, and straight.
- The bamboo tube is not too thick, and the distance between the bamboo eyes is not too large.
- The pile diameter should not be more than 60mm. Pile length: cut 20-30cm longer than the design length
3. Basic pile
- Lowering method Manual pile lowering method: Use a solid wood mallet weighing 8-10 kg for one person or two people to drive. . To avoid crushing the pile head, we cover the pile head with an iron. When the pile is finished moving, it is necessary to saw off the crushed part of the pile head; if the stack is not deep, but the pile head is crushed, then remove it. If the ground is weak when driving the bank with a mallet, the pile should bounce, and the stack should be lowered by the method of loading combined with shaking. This is a tough job that takes a lot of time and effort.
- Method of lowering pile by machine: An excavator bucket can be used to press the bank if possible. In some places, the concrete breaker hammer has been improved by adding a hood to drive bamboo poles. The air compressor, in this case, uses a small capacity type; the pressure when compressed is about 4-8 atm; an air compressor can be used for 5-6 bamboo piling machines simultaneously. This method has the advantage of fast construction, is less strenuous, and can drive bamboo piles in foundation pits with less than 20 cm.
Read more: Bamboo material in Vietnam.
If it is a strip of drifts or rows of banks, they must be driven sequentially. For piling piles embankment wall of the excavation pit, it is gone from the row of piles farthest from the edge of the excavated hole. In Hanoi and some neighbouring provinces, the construction of bamboo poles is usually done in the following sequence:
- Dig the ground
- bamboo piles
- Spread a layer of sheath or nylon
- Place the reinforcement and pour the concrete (in the form of raft foundations. Placing the foundation directly on the top of the melaleuca bamboo poles is probably good. As for the use of loose materials (sand, stone), perhaps only the increased strength due to the compacting effect of the bamboo poles can be used.
Techniques for bamboo poles wholesale in Vietnam and methods of calculating the bearing capacity of bamboo poles
Techniques to be grasped when constructing bamboo poles wholesale in Vietnam
With the current measures and construction process of bamboo poles, the guarantee of construction techniques should be ensured. Make sure to understand the technical requirements below to complete the construction process of bamboo poles in actual construction.
- Firstly: Piles must be erected before driving; bamboo piles must permanently straighten and move in the vertical direction during driving. Do not allow the bank to go down in the ready order.
- Second: For the pile head: The pile head needs to be lined with a cushion to avoid breaking the pile head during driving.
- Third: In the process of driving bamboo poles. Only move one pile at a time, not many banks at the same time to avoid the case that the lowered piles are tilted.
- Fourth: Pile driving must achieve maximum rejection. To fulfil this requirement, the test driving of piles should be paid attention to.
- Fifth: If the pile is finished and the pile head is broken, it is necessary to cut off that part of the pile head. Or the top of the bank is above the groundwater level, and it is essential to cut off the top of the ridge above the water level to ensure that the pile is not termed when used.
- Sixth: The piles must be evenly distributed over the foundation area
- Seventh: Pay attention when the worker is beveling the pile; only the top angle is on the length of 10-15 cm. If the tip is more than the pile, the design length will be lost, resulting in the loss of design length. It cannot guarantee the bearing capacity of the foundation.
- Eighth: Pile driving in order from the outside to the inside, following the spiral buried spiral
The method of calculating the load-bearing capacity of the bamboo poles wholesale in Vietnam
The method of calculating the load-bearing power of wholesale bamboo poles in Vietnam is: in the design phase, assuming After driving bamboo piles. The foundation soil has achieved a certain degree of compaction (through the void coefficient), from which the load capacity of the ground soil can be calculated to be used as a basis for foundation design (or it can be assumed that the bearing capacity is off the ground after piling). Therefore, estimate the bearing capacity and settlement of the foundation by bamboo or melaleuca piles using conventional calculation methods.
After you have finished driving the piles and re-tested to check the bearing capacity of the ground, if it is not too different from the theoretical load capacity, you do not need to modify the design (in fact, few people experiment). For testing but mainly based on my own experience).
According to the survey and statistics of several foundations, reinforcement works by the method of driving bamboo piles. The results were that: adjacent houses were built and used together but did not see cracking and tilting. There are also cases where there is little settlement (but it will settle evenly when the building is placed on a solid foundation system). Therefore, identifying the foundation directly on the top of the melaleuca bamboo poles is suitable for projects with few floors and a low load. As for loose materials (such as sand and stone), it is possible to use only the increased strength due to the compacting effect of the wholesale bamboo poles in Vietnam.
BAMBOOEX is a reputable address providing wholesale bamboo poles in Vietnam; if you need to buy or import bamboo poles, please contact us to receive the earliest quotation.